Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

{Day 7} ~ "The Do What You Can Plan"


Today is Day 7 of my series on Holley Gerth's new ebook:


Would you like to join me on this journey?  Click on the graphic above to download your own copy.

***********************************

During a recent conversation with a friend, she told me about a door that had just closed in her life. As we talked about making decisions and seeking God’s will in our lives, I found myself saying things such as, “He will lead you as you keep moving forward,” and,  “You just need to keep taking small steps."

If you’ve been reading along this series with me, these things will sound very familiar!  I recognized that the truths my heart and mind have been steeped in are the very things that spilled out into our conversation.  I was able to counsel my friend, not only from my past experiences with God, but from what I am learning right now.

The truths tucked inside this 21-Day plan feel like gifts from God to guide and encourage me as I move forward with Him.  Do you know what I often do with gifts?  I put them on a shelf because they are new and precious.  I keep them there.  Safe.  And just for me. 

Through sharing what I am learning with my friend, I was reminded that God gives us good gifts, not so we can fill our shelves with them, but so we can share them.

At the end of Day 7, Holley asks us to think about one way we can seek God and one way we can work hard in our situation.  I am seeking God for more opportunities to share about what I am learning.  And I am working hard to figure out how to do this whole blog thing better!  At the suggestion of my buddy Kayse, I bought The No-Brainer Blog by Haley at The Tiny Twig.  It is a wonderful resource for a newbie blogger like me. Boy, do I have a lot to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment