Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

feeling the pressure


Things aren’t going as planned around here, and it makes me feel a bit tense, makes my jaw ache, makes me feel wound up tight, a string pulled taut and ready to snap.

Details of life collect and push against us, like water behind a dam, and yet we do not hold the lever that will release the pressure and let everything flow.  We need to make preparations for our move, because packing up the lives of five people and carting them, their pets, and their stuff across the country is complicated.  Yet we are still waiting for the “official word” to move the cogs of the Navy wheels that will move the lever, open the dam and whisk us across this land of ours in an efficient and timely manner.

So yesterday we sat, my husband and I, in the middle of the afternoon, trying to work it all out.  We started down the “what if” road: what if this happens?  What about that?  Or that?  Oh no, did you think of that?

And then we remembered.  There is Someone who sees clear down this road, whose vision goes far beyond the twists and turns and ups and downs…because He is the one making them

Our conversation began to take a different shape.  Isn’t it true, we said, that the “worst case scenario” is still held in His hands, and should we find ourselves there, won’t that really be the “best case scenario”?  

Right here in the pile of details and the closets to go through and the tears that keep filling my eyes, I am choosing to trust this:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28

The pressure is still heavy against me, but my shoulders are relaxing, my jaw is unclenching, and my heart is feeling lighter.

Now to tackle the hall closet…

3 comments:

  1. Well I needed that reminder today! Anf I am only moving across the yard not the country. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Laura!! Bless you today!!

      Delete
  2. Praying for you guys! Moving is hard!

    ReplyDelete