Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Graceful

(I know the prompt is graceful...grace is what stuck in my head)
Grace:

A perfect prompt for today because I am needing much grace!  Grace to let go and trust in the area of parenting a pre-teen.  Grace to trust that God made me just as He intended, and to gracefully accept that and live confidently as the woman He made me to be, not as I THINK I should be as I compare myself to others.  Oh, I need such grace for this…

This is also a perfect prompt for today because I have been pondering the gospel lately, trying to think often how the truth of it connects with every area of my life. 

Isn’t it interesting how God will get a theme going in your life?  Lately mine is the gospel of grace.  I am reading Elyse Fitzpatrick’s book, Give Them Grace.  Our church is studying Galatians and during our first home fellowship, we talked about the gospel, where we first heard it, what is IS anyway.

I listened the song Grace by U2 this morning during my workout.  My favorite line: “Grace….it’s a name for a girl; it’s also a thought that, can change the world.”

Visit Lisa Jo at Gypsy Mama for more Five Minute Friday posts!