Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

tuesdays unwrapped


Hearing Christmas music being played on the piano accompanied by a certain amount of girlie giggling, I peeked around the corner from the kitchen into the living room and saw this:


A sister duet complete with twin lollipops! 

During the Christmas season, the kids' music teacher gives them Christmas music to practice.  I love how it adds to the festive atmosphere in our home.




Yesterday was the third day of Advent.  After dinner, at which the kids tried potstickers for the first time (and liked them…yay!) we lit the candles, read our Jesse Tree devotion and an excerpt from the Advent Storybook: 24 Stories to Share Before Christmas.  The kids ate their third piece of chocolate from our Trader Joe’s Advent calendars.

My to do list is threatening to become overwhelming, the shopping is barely begun, the Christmas cards sit in a large pile waiting to be addressed and mailed out.

I am grateful for moments to stop, listen to the music and remember the journey we are on, to Bethlehem, to celebrate Him.

********************************************

Emily at chatting at the sky is hosting Tuesdays unwrapped for the month of December.  I am going to join in because more than ever in this busy time I long to be unwrapping the present of the precious daily moments, not getting caught up in what they should be or what I wish they were, but really looking and really seeing the gift of my ordinary moments this Advent season.




No comments:

Post a Comment