Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Cherished


It's Friday!  Time for my very favorite link-up:




Click on the graphic above to visit Lisa-Jo's blog and see what Five Minute Fridays are all about.

Oh, what a word she has picked for us today!

CHERISHED
***************************

My son found me at the table yesterday writing on my laptop, stood next to me and hugged me with all of his twelve-year old might. 

Lying down at night between my girls all snuggled in for bed, my nine-year old daughter drapes her arm over me, pulling herself close, running her fingers through my hair and sighing big. 

My seven-year old wraps her arms around my waist, face turned up to mine as I help her brush her teeth, and she squeezes hard, eyes sparkling in her freckled face.

A good hug makes the tension between my shoulder blades slide right away, and leaves me feeling cherished.

No comments:

Post a Comment